Friday, April 29, 2011

Weekly Photo Round-up

Making mosaics with beans and seeds.

Working together with the Third Color Tablet Box.

Exploring shapes with the Geometric Solids and extension work with sorting cards.  You can read more about this lesson here.

Strengthening hand/finger muscles with Pin Pushing - This month, I put out animal shapes (from Montessori Print Shop) which the children can sort into land, air or water animals.  I thought this would be a fun way to incorporate the Planet Earth theme...

Planet Earth craft with Do-A-Dot Painters (read more about it here).

A classic Montessori lesson - Opening and Closing boxes, lids, etc.

Building words with the Moveable Alphabet.

Comparing heights with with Knobless Cylinders.

Reviewing letters and beginning sounds with the Sandpaper Letters.

The always in use Polishing Wood activity.

Printing/Stamping with recycled items.

"Planting" a daisy garden - I saw something similar at My Montessori Journey a while back...

More Addition with the Golden Beads - this lesson is so much fun that sometimes the children hug me afterwards!

Writing practice with the Sandpaper Letters.
 The children were also engaged in the process of making their Mother's Day gifts and cards this week.  I will be posting more about that next week as I don't want to give away too much too soon!   

No comments:

Post a Comment