Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Who Would Have Thought...?

We have a room full of children clamoring to scrub the floor.  Yes, you read that correctly - scrub the floor!

A while back, I had put together a Floor scrubbing activity for my kids at home to help me with the kitchen tiles (and to help me prepare for my Montessori training exams...).  You can read about it the post HERE from Spring, 2011.  At the time, I had always wanted to create a similar lesson for the students in my class but had been unable to do so because the finish on the wood floor of the classroom.  Fast forward a year and half  - and to a classroom with newly refinished floors as documented in THIS post.  Thanks to the new finish on the floor, we can see every single sticky, dirty, grimy spot in the classroom - I am secretly thrilled at this because now I have the perfect, real-life purpose for the Floor Scrubbing lesson in the classroom - and the kids are lining up to scrub, scrub, scrub!  Oh, the motor skills, the reading and writing preparation, and concentration that are being practiced...they have no idea! :-)

Floor Scrubbing materials.
Please read THIS POST to review the steps for this lesson.
Seriously, who can resist the flower scrubber?
Floor Scrubbing in action.
There is not enough time in the mornings to give a lesson to the of the children who would like one!!!  I have a feeling we will have a very clean floor...  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment