Tuesday, April 3, 2012

On the Shelves: April


I think I may have had too much fun setting up the shelves for April!  I found myself giggling out loud while putting together some intriguing materials.  Here are a couple of favorites:

Can you guess what is inside?   Inside each egg is just enough clay for one pair of small hands.  The children are used to having clay available for use for two at a time - so, this was just a fun way to vary the presentation. 
A tiny egg to hold in a tiny spoon for Walking the Line.  The nest just looked so cute, I couldn't resist using it on the tray for the egg... :)
Just for fun, I took the following picture to show how it really looks in my classroom when I'm setting up the shelves:
So...this is why I always try to set up by myself (without any kids around - my own children or my students)!  ;) 
I really just want them to see this when they come to school:
Prepared shelves for Practical Life - Dry Transerring activities and...
...some fun Wet Transferring lessons too.
Here are some close-ups of some other favorites:
Aren't these irresistible?  Kid-friendly Faberge!
Perfect for tweezing 'jewels.'
A basket of five eggs for Opening/Closing practice.  Inside each one is...
...an adorable finger puppet.  This set up has brought on spontaneous singing of the "Five Little Ducks" song!
This lesson reminds me a bit of balancing marbles on golf tees...
...because it is quite a challenging to place these eggs just right!
THIS post also highlights other activities on the shelves during the coming weeks.  I'm looking forward to sharing with you some of our art lessons too...so stay tuned for more! :)

6 comments:

  1. Love the trays..beautiful!
    Your picture of "preparing trays" made me laugh because remind me ho my tables look while I prepare the activities : )
    patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great ideas! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Patty - it is quite a sight each time! Thanks for reading and leaving your kind comment. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely ideas ;-)The clay presentation tray is so cute. I must implement your idea in our home. The boys will be surprised for sure ;-) Thank you for sharing your ideas with us.
    I can't wait your art lessons ;-) They are always so well prepared ;-)

    Hugs from Poland
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you, Ewa, for your kind words! I can tell you that my students have been enjoying the latest art lessons, too! :)

    ReplyDelete