Saturday, April 21, 2012

Did I Ever Tell You?

It is hard to believe that I have been writing here for over a year!  Way before I even started this blog, I've been playing around with its name, "To the Lesson!"  For example, my local readers might be able to identify me on the road:


You see, my license plate is a play on words using the Cyrillic alphabet - both my husband and I grew up speaking Russian in our families and we both are teachers.  He is a college professor while I'm at the other end of the spectrum in early childhood.  My license plates were the inspiration for the name of the blog - in Russian (pronounced "na oorok,") translates to "To the Lesson!"  We always thought this would be a clever vanity plate on our family vehicle given that we are both educators...

So, for my local readers, now you know the story behind my plates.  And, for anyone who sees me on the road, I hope you will now follow standard Maine procedure, and give me a wave! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment