Monday, August 22, 2011

Remembering the Metal Insets

The Metal Insets are a series of shapes and frames designed to directly prepare the child's hand for writing.  I very much enjoy this activity in the classroom and appreciate the writing skills it helps develop specifically lightness of touch and keeping the pencil within limits.  As with other Montessori materials, a sequential order of further lessons are introduced to the child as each presentation is mastered.  This is where the little booklet I recently made comes in handy because I always forget the order!  The booklet, which displays the order of lessons for the Metal Insets, will be housed in a special location in the classroom. 

Here are the first four pages prior to assembling them together (apologies for the odd lighting...):
1.  Initial presentation;  2. Two Figures, Two Colors;  3.  Three Figures, three colors;  4.  One figure, two colors

The next four pages:
5. One shape, three positions;  6. Introduction of pastel (colored) paper;  7. Design;  8. Shading 

Here are the pages assembled with a binder ring...


...and here it is in its new home in our classroom.
Now, I have a handy reminder of the order of presentations while the children have an interesting booklet to leaf through!

Montessori Monday Link-Up

Montessori Monday

21 comments:

  1. Hello, as I found your blog very inspiring I decided to leave you One Lovely Blog Award on my blog http://skaczacwkaluzach.blogspot.com/
    Thank you for sharing your great ideas. I am learning so much from you!
    magda(c)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Magda! I am touched that you have selected my blog for the One Lovely Blog Award. Your kind words are very meaningful to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sasha,
    Another lovely idea ;-) You are such a sparkle of simple and genius ideas ;-)Love your work ;-)
    I wish I had my son in your school ;-)
    Love
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ewa, The highest compliment for me is to have someone say they wish their child was in my school - Thank you so very much...I am honored!
    Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sad to admit I totally forgot about the order for presentation. I just ordered metal insets so this is great. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea to keep close for refreshing and you are right, I imagine your students will enjoy looking through it as well. The booklet also almost serves as a control for what the work done correctly should look like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's a great idea to make a booklet like you have, Sasha! I always found booklets like that a good way to keep the children interested in the materials. Thanks so much for linking up with Montessori Monday! I featured your post at the Living Montessori Now Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/LivingMontessoriNow

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, the children are very much interested in the booklet and it has been beneficial to be able to flip through the presentations - the kids love it and it helps me so much! Thanks for all of the kind comments! Sasha

    ReplyDelete
  9. I also love this and needed the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm glad you found it useful! Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The global Hydrogen Peroxide Market was valued at USD 2.38 Billion in 2015, and is projected to reach USD 4.28 Billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 5.53%, from 2016 to 2026. The supply chain of the industrial hydrogen peroxide market starts with the sourcing of basic raw materials, manufacturing and supplying to intermediate product manufacturers, and ends with use in the various end-use applications. 2-ethyl anthraquinone is the main raw material for the production of hydrogen peroxide. Hydrogen peroxide is mostly produced by the anthraquinone auto-oxidation process. Some of the main players in the market include, AkzoNobel N.V. (Netherlands), BASF SE (Germany), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Solvay SA (Belgium), Evonik Industries AG (Germany), Ecolab Inc. (U.S.), Kemira Oyj (Finland), Arkema SA (France).

    ReplyDelete