Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Quick Journal Fix

It appears we have some copious writers in the classroom as our writing paper supply has been repeatedly dwindling.  Upon closer observation, I have found that my Kindergarten students are enjoying recording their work from various lessons.  Most have especially taken to using only the lined writing paper available in the Language area of the classroom.  How exciting to see this explosion into writing!  I thought it might be perfect time to provide my students with their own Work Journals where they can record their lessons and work from the day.

I found these basic writing tablets at the store, but did not care for the cover.  I thought about removing the lined paper inside, or cutting them in half vertically, but decided against it in the end.  

Instead, I cut some solid colored scrapbook paper (it's all I had on hand) and adhered it to the cover with Mod Podge.

The inside cover provided some pertinent information and my students will enjoy looking over this and referring to it.  For this reason, I left the inside cover as is.

I think the new, simple covers are calming and give a sense of meaningful purpose.  

Such a simple fix, but I think it makes all the difference!  I am looking forward to watching my students document their work in these new Work Journals.

No comments:

Post a Comment