Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pantry Project

I finally got around to organizing my pantry in way that brings me a sense of peace each time I see it!  This vision has been brewing in my mind for quite some time and consequently, I have been collecting glass jars for a while.  Then just the other day, while browsing one of may favorite surplus and salvage stores, I came across the most perfect baskets.  They were large enough to hold various items yet still fit the relatively short depth of my pantry shelves. 

I cringe to share this before photo of the pantry and, just to let you know, waves of panic would creep over me each time I went in:

Yikes - not the best representation of organizational skill...
 Afterwards, however, I find myself walking over just see how pretty the pasta looks in their new jars!


Oh, the loveliness of it all...!

We've been saving our applesauce jars!  I love the way these staples look in glass...

The pasta, rice, etc. look more appealing...

Even the crackers look beautiful!
It only took eight and half years of living in this home (and three kids later) to finally get it the way I like it!  I think the Montessori in me is rejoicing in the chance to showcase itself at home - especially since we have been out of school for a couple of weeks now...  My step-son summed everything up when he declared, "Wow, it's been 'Montessorified'! I can see everything now!" 

Mission accomplished.

2 comments:

  1. The pantry looks amazing !!! A person feels inspired to cook just at the look of it ;-) The baskets are perfect ;-)
    Indeed, it is "Montessorified" ;-)
    Hugs
    Ewa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ewa! I was especially pleased with the baskets because they were so thrifty in price... Take care, Sasha

    ReplyDelete