Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Bears in a Line


The following activity is one which I plan to show before lining up to go outside.  I thought it would be appealing to the children with the vibrant colors and of course, the adorable teddy bears.  Giving the students this visual of how to line up will surely help some of our newest members of the class!  Once, I show the children the activity, I plan to leave it on a shelf so that they may practice lining up the bears as well - great fine motor practice while encouraging group cooperation as we walk down the halls on our way outside!

The material on a tray:  small container with a length of ribbon; bowl with 18 bears (the same number of children in the class on each day).  
Bears in a line!
It will be interesting to observe if the children begin making color patterns - something I plan not to show them, but rather leave open for self-discovery.

6 comments:

  1. I also do Bears in a Circle to show how to sit in circle! I've been doing this for a few years now, can't remember where I got it from!

    ReplyDelete
  2. C love the bear family game!

    would you like to participate on my giveaway?
    http://olivesandpickles.blogspot.com/2012/08/betty-lukens-learning-fun-with-felt.html
    patty

    ReplyDelete
  3. Could it be Ginnie Newcomb's series?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sasha- I put this on our 'Peace Shelf' today- as we do want to promote walking peacefully also. The children loved it, and it was taken out with enthusiasm throughout the morning. Just wanted to say thanks for such a cute idea! (I used two sets of these globe dolls: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wood-World-Multicultural-Kids-Homeschool-Globe-dolls-Montessori-Materials-Wooden-/280962678227?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item416aae3dd3)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love your idea to use the multicultural dolls! I'm so glad your children are enjoying the activity. Our kids are still using it too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow great i have read many articles about this topic and everytime i learn something new i dont think it will ever stop always new info , Thanks for all of your hard work!

    ReplyDelete